Byron Financial Team
A wealth of experience.
William M. Byron
- 34 years in the Financial Services industry.
- Founder of Byron Financial, L.L.C. in 1986.
- 9-time “Top of the Table” member of the Million Dollar Round Table.
- Member of the Business Advisory Council in Washington, D.C.
- Multiple recipient of Top 20 designation with NMFN.
- Multiple recipient of the National Quality Award by the AALU.
- Born in Charlottesville, Virginia – grew up in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, D.C. Moved to Charlotte, NC in 1979.
- Married to wife Dana with two children, Kathryn and William.
- Member of Myers Park Presbyterian Church.
- Enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, golfing, racing and sailing.
- Has served as Board Member of the American Heart Association, Charlotte Mecklenburg Senior Center, and Boards of two private schools.
- Was awarded “Father of the Year” in 2006 by the Charlotte Council of the American Diabetes Association.
Josh Mayor, CPA/PFS, CFP®
Partner, Director of Investments & Compliance
Josh is a Partner at Byron Financial, and works in managing the turn-key process of our client’s investment services, which includes the asset management process, executing these plans as well as monitoring and servicing our investment accounts. His hands-on approach allows for in-depth knowledge of your financial picture and the best way we can work to enhance it.
He comes to us from Greer & Walker Investment Advisors where he was a wealth manager for six years advising a variety of clients with their complicated investment and estate planning needs. Previous to this, he was a tax associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers preparing tax returns and researching tax planning opportunities for various entities.
Josh is a Certified Financial PlannerTM (CFP®), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), and a Personal Financial Specialist (PFS), which is awarded to CPAs who meet specific experience, education and examination requirements. He graduated from the University of North Carolina and received his Master’s in Accounting from the UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School. He lives in South Charlotte with his wife Amy, and their sons, William and Walker.
Director of Operations
At Byron Financial, Melissa is responsible for serving the needs of our current client base by overseeing the daily operations of the firm. Her role is to manage the integration of al the firms’ service areas, improve operational efficiencies for the company, and cultivate client relationships with Byron Financial.
Melissa has experience in both the public relations and marketing field, as well as the insurance/ investment industry. Before joining the firm, Melissa was an agent and customer service/ claims specialist for a nationwide insurance company. She has also worked as a Marketing Representative for a $4 billion real estate investment trust, CNL Real Estate Services, specializing in the marketing, public relations and high-end special events for the company’s hotel and resort REIT, CNL Hotels & Resorts.
Melissa is originally from Florida, where she graduated from the University of Florida. She lives in Waxhaw, with her husband Shawn, and their daughters, Emma and Emilee.
Stephanie is Marketing Coordinator for Byron Financial, responsible for managing the new business development process and cultivating prospect relationships. She also oversees special event planning and is the primary liaison for Bill, handling his appointment scheduling and travel.
Before becoming a member of Byron Financial, Stephanie worked for nine years in the business development group at a global asset management company where she organized proprietary and third-party events and activated sponsorships that helped strengthen the firm’s brand, build relationships, and engage prospects and clients to grow business.
Stephanie is originally from Virginia where she graduated from Christopher Newport University. She currently lives in Charlotte with her husband, Riley.